What is it?
NETIO PowerPDU 4KS is a smart PDU (Power Distribution Unit) with 4 metered & switched power outputs (4x IEC-320 C13) and 1x DI (Digital Input). PDU measures power consumption (A, kWh, TPF, W, V, Hz) and switching On/Off each power output individually. Device supports local Ping & Power WatchDog and Scheduler functions.
PowerPDU 4KS can be mounted in rack cabinets – horizontally, vertically, or as a 1U device. Each output can user switch manually over the web, the NETIO cloud service, or with a Mobile App (Locally or via NETIO Cloud). The DI (Digital Input) can control the outputs or count S0 pulses (ext. power metering).PDU supports Open API for 3rd party integration (http JSON, Modbus/TCP, SNMP, MQTT-flex, Telnet, …).
With the NETIO Cloud service, the outputs can be controlled from anywhere. The NETIO Cloud is paid service with welcome credit for new connected devices. It’s SSL secured cloud solution, servers located in Europe. AV drivers make it easy to connect NETIO sockets to professional Audio/Video control systems such as Neets, Crestron, Control4 etc.
The NETIO Mobile2 app controls each output individually over LAN (local network) or the NETIO Cloud service.
NETIO Cloud is a TLS-secured service for controlling the outputs from anywhere (Web or Open API).
Open API allows controlling the outputs over the network using various protocols (http XML/JSON, Modbus/TCP, MQTT, SNMP, Telnet and more… ).
AV drivers make it easy to connect NETIO sockets to professional Audio/Video systems such as Neets, CRESTRON, Control4 and more.
NETIO PowerPDU 4KS is suitable for industrial applications. The product works in a wide temperature range (–20°C to +65°C), supports firmware upgrades over the web, remembers the last socket states before being powered off, and its relays switch at zero current.
A power-on delay can be configured for each output. In this way, the outputs can be switched on in a sequence after a power outage.
OPEN API: SUPPORTED M2M PROTOCOLS
The open API can use one protocol at a time, chosen from among the supported M2M protocols:
Modbus/TCP AN27, AN22
http URL API AN19, AN29
JSON over HTTP (default) AN21, AN30, AN42
http Push JSON
http Push XML
XML over HTTP AN20, AN31
SNMP v1 AN11, AN41
The SNMP protocol can be always used in parallel to outher APIs.
Regardless of the Open API used, the device can be always controlled from its web interface and from the NETIO Cloud service. The customer may use one Open API protocol and the NETIO Cloud service simultaneously.
- In IT, the smart PowerPDU 4KS is typically used to measure & distribute electricity in a 19″ rack (cabinet) in a data center.The connected appliances can be restarted from the web interface (each output can be switched on / off or power-cycled).
- Powered devices can be restarted autonomously by PING or Power consumption Watchdog
- The outputs can be controlled with the Open API (JSON, Modbus/TCP, SNMP, MQTT-flex, Telnet, …)
- The device can work with various 3rd party programs and applications (Open API)
- The outputs of several NETIO products can be controlled using the NETIO Mobile 2 app
- The outputs of multiple devices can be controlled centrally using the NETIO Cloud service (for a fee).
NETIO PowerPDU 4KS measures electrical parameters on 4 outputs + 1 total channel:
Measured values are displayed in the web administration interface and at the same time are accessible via Open API protocols. NETIO PowerPDU 4KS measures with accuracy better than 1%.
- Output 1
- Output 2
- Output 3
- Output 4
- All output together (power inlet)
DI (DIGITAL INPUT)
A digital input (DI) can be used to control any of the outputs(s) or count S0 pulses. The DI can be connected to a button (dry contact) or used as a S0 pulse counter for reading energy consumption from an external electricity meter.
The DI state and the S0 counter value are shown in the web interface and accessible over Open API.
- Digital input (DI): 1x input (contact) + S0 counter (4 bytes)
- Power for DI: 12V power
This product can be connected to the NETIO Cloud service (100 outputs can be controlled from 1 web screen). NETIO Cloud is an ideal solution for remote control and restarting.
The paid NETIO Cloud service is operated by NETIO products a.s. as a support for manufactured equipment.
- All products manufactured by NETIO products can be connected to NETIO Cloud.
- The user can control connected devices securely via the web from anywhere (HTTPs).
- The first 3 years are free connection to the service thanks to the “Welcome credit”.
- NETIO Cloud can be used in parallel with other Open API protocols.
- Secure device communication to the Cloud service (port 8883 – MQTTs – TLS)
- NETIO Cloud has its own Open API, which can be used to control all devices in a specific user account (MQTTS protocol).
INDUSTRIAL PRODUCT QUALITY
NETIO PDUs are made with quality in mind. Each unit includes a set of supporting functions to ensure reliability and long service life of the product in real-life conditions.
- Open M2M API
- Wide operating temperature range (–20°C to +65°C)
- PowerUp state – defined output state after power-up
- PowerUp delay (outputs switched on after a delay)
- Firmware upgradeable over the web, backwards compatibility
- IOC – Independent Output Control
- ZCS – Zero Current Switching
- Outputs can be switched on/off for a short (configurable) time
ZCS (ZERO CURRENT SWITCHING)
An important feature of NETIO PowerPDU 4KS is ZCS (Zero Current Switching). ZCS controls the exact time when the mechanical relay contacts close and open. The relay contacts switch the output on or off when the current crosses the zero level.
- In the long run, ZCS support reduces the product failure rate due to internal relay damage.
- Since the relay switches when the current waveform crosses the zero level, negative effects of inrush current are significantly reduced.
- The ZCS and PowerUp delay functions reduce the chance of circuit breakers tripping when power is restored after an outage.
- ZCS extends the lifetime of connected equipment; especially in case of frequent on/off switching of devices that are not designed for that (such as switching power supplies).
For some applications, it is important to set the correct state of a power output immediately after power is turned on (or restored). The “PowerUp state” parameter defines the behavior of the 110/230V outlets just after power is restored, before the standard communication with the master system is established.
• LAST state restores the last state before the power was disconnected
Delayed switch-on function ensures that the 110/230V power output is switched on with a configurable delay (several seconds) after the power is restored. This can avoid circuit breaker tripping when power is restored after an outage.
MOBILE APP: NETIO MOBILE2
PowerPDU 4KS can be controlled over the local network using the NETIO Mobile 2
Device can be controlled:
- on the same LAN (Mobile device is connected to WiFi)
- Via NETIO Cloud (Mobile device have to be connected to internet)
- The mobile app can be used to control several PDU units and all their outputs
- NETIO Mobile2 can scan the LAN and discover connected devices. WiFi connection to the LAN is required.
SCHEDULER (TIMED SWITCHING OF INDIVIDUAL OUTLETS)
The switching of outlets can be time-controlled by the Scheduler with a graphical interface. Switching on/off at specific times can be easily configured.
• Each output can have its own schedule, according which the output is switched
• While Scheduler (calendar) is running, the output can be controlled from NETIO Cloud, web interface or Open API
• The Scheduler does not require an internet connection (requires a time source – NTP server – for example a local ADSL / WiFi router)
|LAN||Web||NETIO Cloud||Local scripting||Watchdog||Scheduler||Mobile App||Open API||19“ 1U
|PowerPDU 4KS||4xC13||4||2||Yes||Yes||Condition & Rules||Ping + Power||Yes||NETIO Mobile2||10 protocols||RM1 / RM2
|PowerPDU 4PS||4xC13||–||1||Yes||Yes||Condition & Rules||Ping||Yes||NETIO Mobile2||10 protocols||RM1 / RM2
|PowerPDU 8QS||8xC13||2||1||Yes||Yes||Condition & Rules||Ping + Power||Yes||NETIO Mobile2||10 protocols||Yes||ZVS|
|PowerPDU 4C||4xC13||4||2||Yes||Yes||Lua scripts||Ping||Yes||NETIO Mobile2||15 protocols||RM1 / RM2
• 110/230V power input
• 4x IEC-320 C13 output
• Individual metering at each output
• Zero current switching (ZCS) at each output
• Push-button control of each output
• Defined power-up output state
Open API interface
• WEB interface for configuring the product, HTTPs capable
• Fully-documented M2M API (10 protocols)
• Online demo for testing
|Mobile App||HTTPs||Open APIs|
|PowerPDU 8QS||LAN||8xC13||1+1||ZVS||1xDI||–||Yes||Yes||–||–||Yes||Android||–||10 protocols|
|2+2||2||ZCS / –||2xDI
|PowerBOX 3Px||LAN||3x||–||ZVS||–||–||Yes||Yes||–||–||Yes||Android||–||10 protocols|
|PowerBOX 4Kx||LAN||4x||4||ZCS||–||–||Yes||Yes||–||–||Yes||Android||–||10 protocols|
|PowerCable REST||WiFi||1x||1||ZCS||–||Yes||Yes||Yes||–||–||Yes||Android||–||10 protocols|